Market infrastructure licensees
ASIC is committed to market integrity and a fair, orderly and transparent market.
ASIC is responsible for the supervision of operators of financial markets, clearing and settlement (CS) facilities, derivative trade repositories (DTRs) and market participants. ?
As part of our role, we:
- advise the Minister on applications for new market, CS?facility and DTR licences and changes to licensees' operating rules
- make market integrity rules and supervise compliance with these rules, and
- supervise trading on Australia's domestic licensed markets.
These responsibilities supplement our other responsibilities for enforcing laws against misconduct on Australia's financial markets and supervising Australian financial services (AFS) licensees.
- Licensed and exempt markets operating in Australia
- Licensed and exempt CS facilities operating in Australia
- Licensed derivative trade repositories operating in Australia
- Market integrity rules
- Market supervision
- Market assessment reports
- Your annual industry funding levy
More in this section
- Market operators: ?Applying for and complying with your obligations under an Australian market licence or exemption
- CS facility operators: Applying for and complying with your obligations under an Australian CS facility licence
- DTR operators: Applying for and complying with your obligations under an Australian DTR licence